- Please complete the application and return with $25.00 tryout fee no later than: April 1st (April 13 tryouts) / April 22nd (May 3 tryouts).
Texas State Strutters
Attn: Tammy Fife
Darren B. Casey Athletic Administration Complex
601 University Drive
San Marcos, Texas 78666
Prior to tryouts (approx one week prior), you will receive and e-mail reminder to include final details. Please e-mail questions to: email@example.com.
Tryouts are scheduled for April 13 / May 3. For tryouts: candidates are to meet in Jowers Center Gym 101. Jowers Center is adjacent to Strahan Coliseum. Registration will begin at 8:30 am. with session beginning at 9:00.
Letter of Recommendation: Must be included with your application. Contact the Strutter office with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs: One 4X6 head shot and 1 4X6 full body shot must be included with your application. These photographs may not be Xeroxed (must be photo quality on photo paper) and may not be sent through e-mail.
- What to wear for tryouts: Any color form fitting top/leotard/long dance pants (that is most flattering to you!) No half tops, hot shorts, or Capri pants allowed. You MAY NOT wear cover-ups or wraps during workshop or tryouts. We strongly suggest that you wear a dance shoe for tryouts (we recommend Jazz shoes). NO RUNNING SHOES ALLOWED FOR DANCING (or foot undies)!
You must wear dance shoes.
- Hair must be fixed and kept away from your face. It can be worn down if it does not get in the way of your performance. (We want you to “look your best!”)
- No jewelry worn at workshop or tryouts.
- You must wear makeup that flatters you. Field makeup is not required for tryouts; however, makeup application must be a little heavier than normal.
- You will learn a skill routine with jazz movements followed by a kick combination in the first 2 hours of the day,THEN tryout. Additionally, each candidate will introduce themselves to the judges. Tryouts will last approximately 3 hours and will be closed to the public.
- The director and a panel of Strutter Alumni select new Strutters.
- Not selected: You may try-out May 3 if you are not selected on April 13.
- A mandatory tryout fee of $25.00 is required of each individual trying out. This fee must be paid upon registration and is nonrefundable. Make checks payable to: Texas State University.
- August Strutters Training Camp: If you make Strutters in April or May, it is mandatory for all Strutters to attend Training Camp. Tentative dates are August 14-24.
- What to wear for August camp: Any color form fitting tops / leotards / dance pants may be worn. No half tops allowed! You may not wear cover-ups or T-shirts while practicing. Dance shoes must be worn to include jazz shoes for studio combinations. NO RUNNING SHOES ALLOWED FOR DANCING! Hair must be pulled away from the face for practice. All Strutters are required to have black and tan jazz shoes for performance along with white boots for field performances.
- At camp, you will learn most of your performance routines for football season and will learn the traditions and history of the Strutters organization.
1999-2014 Texas State University Strutters. All Rights Reserved.