- Please complete the application
and return with $15.00
no later than:
- April 1st (April 6th tryouts)
- April 22nd (April 27th tryouts)
Texas State Strutters
Attn: Susan Angell-Gonzalez
Darren B. Casey Athletic Administration Complex
601 University Drive
San Marcos, Texas 78666
Prior to tryouts (approx one week prior), you will receive and e-mail reminder to include final details. Please e-mail questions to: SA10@txstate.edu.
Tryouts are scheduled for APril 6th / April 27th. For April tryouts: candidates are to meet in Jowers Center Gym 101. Jowers Center is adjacent to Strahan Coliseum. Registration will begin at 8:30 am. with session beginning at 9:00.
Letter of Recommendation: Must be included with your application. Contact the Strutter office with questions: SA10@txstate.edu.
Photographs: One 4X6 head shot and 1 4X6 full body shot must be included with your application. These photographs may not be Xeroxed (must be photo quality on photo paper) and may not be sent through e-mail.
- What to wear for tryouts: Any color form fitting top/leotard/long dance pants (that is most flattering to you!) No half tops, hot shorts or Capri pants allowed. You MAY NOT wear cover-ups or wraps during workshop or tryouts. We strongly suggest that you wear a dance shoe for tryouts (we recommend Jazz shoes). NO RUNNING SHOES ALLOWED FOR DANCING (or foot undies)! You must wear dance shoes.
- Hair must be fixed and kept away from your face. It can be worn down if it does not get in the way of your performance. (We want you to “look your best!”)
- No jewelry worn at workshop or tryouts.
- You must wear makeup that flatters you. Field makeup is not required for tryouts; however, makeup application must be a little heavier than normal.
- You will learn a skill routine with stylized jazz movements followed by a kick combination in the morning session THEN tryout in the afternoon. Additionally, each candidate will introduce themselves to the judges. Tryouts will be from 12:30-3:00 and will be closed to the public.
- The director and a panel of Strutter Alumni select new Strutters.
- Not selected: You may request a written evaluation from the Director/Choreographer of Strutters: Susan Angell-Gonzalez / SA10@txstate.edu. All requests must be received via e-mail within two days following the audition. Please include your name and tryout number.
- A mandatory tryout fee of $15.00 is required of each individual trying out. This fee must be paid upon registration and is nonrefundable. Should you make Strutters in August, you will be required to pay $200.00 in Strutter dues. Cost break down of your Strutter dues will be given to you if you make the team. Make checks payable to: Texas State University.
- August Strutters Training Camp: If you make Strutters in April, it is mandatory for all Strutters to attend Training Camp and room together in the “Strutter Camp Residence” (dorm) during camp, (no exceptions made!) The dorm is free of charge during our 2-week stay (meals not included). If you make the August tryout, you will check into the dorm following tryouts. You will need bed linens, towels, toiletries, etc., for your two-week stay. Again, meals are not included in the stay! You will need enough money for meals during the duration of camp. (Strutter boosters will sponsor approx. 2 meals during camp) FYI: Prior to the start of the Fall semester, Strutters will be allowed to move into their Fall residence one day prior to campus check-in (you will beat the rush).
1999-2012 Texas State University Strutters. All Rights Reserved.